Can solar energy be used in industries?
Solar energy is widely used to generate heat and electricity today. The International Energy Agency (IEA) released a study on world energy consumption that shows solar power will supply around 45% of the world's energy demand in 2050.
Solar energy applications in the industrial and commercial sectors quickly and efficiently reduce energy deficiency and possible climate change.
There are three different electricity users worldwide: industrial, commercial, and domestic. The industrial sector consumes most of the world's energy, and solar power provides the most efficient, affordable, and viable energy alternatives.
Solar Power In The Industrial Sector
Google and Walmart are the most prominent names in the consumer and contributor category of solar energy. Here are a few reasons why and how existing industries are using solar energy:
- To reduce electricity bills and complement grid power
- To achieve sustainable manufacturing.
- To preserve energy.
To demonstrate social responsibility in environmental sustainability and climate change
One more reason large companies use industrial solar power is to show their increased reliance on renewables in their energy portfolios and how that impacts production or usage. Among the benefits of captive ‘industrial solar power systems include:
- Benefits from tax credits
- In addition to capital subsidies
- and other incentives, as appropriate
Advantages of using solar power in the industrial sector
This article will list a few benefits a solar PV installation can offer a company.
1. A reduction in electricity costs
Energy prices are constantly rising. A warehouse's electricity bill typically represents around 15% of its total cost. Residential solar tariff rates are cheaper by 17% and 27% than industrial and commercial rates.
You can minimize energy costs by finding an alternative energy source, such as solar energy, if your business uses a lot of electricity for equipment, lights, and interior and exterior lighting.
2. Take steps to prevent energy price increases.
- The cost of electricity in Europe has increased by up to 16% on average over the past decade.
- Solar energy is a low-cost, long-term solution with a 25-30 year lifespan.
- It lowers your energy bills and makes your energy usage more predictable.
- Solar systems are simple to maintain and monitor.
3. Increased property value
You can increase the value of your property by installing solar panels on your roof. Your commercial, industrial, or multi-family residential property will also sell faster if you plan to sell it a while from now.
As a result, energy efficiency is becoming increasingly valuable. Solar panels on a building can produce some or all of the building's energy needs. Therefore, you can reduce your short-term and long-term operating expenses compared to comparable buildings without solar panels.
4. Take steps to reduce carbon emissions
Every generation becomes more concerned about saving the planet and reducing carbon footprints and fossil fuel consumption. As opposed to fossil fuels, solar panels do not emit carbon dioxide or air pollution, as with fossil fuels. Furthermore, there are no other inputs than sunlight and no ash or other waste products.
As a result, more companies are seeking suppliers that produce low-emission carbon. Final customers are paying more and more attention to this argument and the social responsibility of their suppliers.
5. Use free electricity and sell the surplus
There are two cooperation models when installing a solar system on the rooftop: Capital Expenditure and Power Purchase Agreement. The consumer purchases a solar system that can produce enough energy for daily factory/warehouse consumption in terms of Capital Expenditure. If there is excess energy, consumers can sell it to the local government.
Solar Power Energy: What are the disadvantages?
- Due to the high cost of solar panels, initial investments may not match savings on energy bills for many years.
- Depending on a country’s exposure to sunlight, electricity generation depends entirely on its climate.
- Solar power stations cannot compete with conventional power stations of comparable size in power output. They can also be costly to build.
- Solar power is used to charge batteries to enable solar-powered devices to be used at night. These large, heavy batteries can take up a lot of space and need to be replaced periodically.
or any business, whether in the service industry or the industrial sector, electricity is necessary to perform essential functions in its facilities. Therefore, to reduce the fixed costs of economic activity, it is crucial to have the best energy solution available.
Get in touch
We are here to answer any question you may have. Feel free to reach via contact form.